From the “milestones” category: all DVDs are finally ripped and now I can spend a good couple of weeks worth of trying to finally burn out the processor on the encoding PC.
That is, of course, stuff that takes very little of my time – once I set up the encoding jobs, they can run while I’m asleep or at work. Checking the audio and subtitles on the resultant files, tagging them, finding appropriate art… That’s the part that takes serious time.
Still… I’m close enough to the end that I can scarcely remember where I started. I should probably do a long form writeup of the whole process once it’s over, in the vain hope that it might be useful to some other poor soul.